Multi-function Digital Converter Box
Built-in HDMI Output
Support USB port
EPG (Electronic Program Guide)
Favorite Channel List
Parental Control Function
Singal Quality Indicator
Video Decoder: MPEG-2 MP at HL, MPEG-4 SP, ASP,
H.264 HP at L4.1, DivX3.11, 4.X, 6.X, FLV format and VC-1
iView 3500STBII-A Highlights
- Converts digital broadcast signals to work with analog TV
- ATSC/QAM Tuner
- Analog Passthrough Channel
- TV Recording Function (External Drive required)
- Universal Media Player (External Drive required)
- Supports Auto-Tuning, Electronic Program Guide (EPG), Favorite Channel List, Closed Caption, Parental Control, Channel Management, and Multilingual Support
- Component Output
- 8.66 × 6.02 × 1.77 inches
- 1.1 lb
- Includes 3500STBII-A, Learning Remote, and Antenna
Are you still holding on to your old analog TV? It's quite functional and working perfectly fine, so an upgrade isn't called for. Iview offers a practical and economical solution to households that rely on OTA broadcasts. Did you know you can tune in to basic stations for free? No strings attached, and by strings, we mean a set-top box and monthly subscriptions. By getting an iView digital converter box, you won't have to replace your beloved analog TV. You may even get to see the local feeds in glorious HD!
The iView 3500STBII is not your ordinary converter box. It's the ultimate entertainment hub! Ease of use, the comfort, and convenience it brings are awesome features that simplify life. Unbridled multi-media experiences, including video recording and playback, high definition luxury, backed by financial savings only make it even better. Cut out your expensive cable bills and upgrade your converter box to the very affordable iView 3500STBII.
Advantages of the iView Converter Box
Enjoy the following benefits when you get the high quality iView 3500STBII:
- Automatically converts digital signal to analog
- Can pull in a lot more channels than other converter boxes
- Enables you to record your favorite shows
- Better sound quality and picture clarity
- Multiple outputs for maximum versatility
Maximize Your Experience!
You can get the crispest, clearest resolution for your TV even if it doesn't have HDMI capabilities. A digital ready TV automatically acquires the best screen quality for maximum enjoyment. The iView cable converter box gets all the available channels in your area without skipping a single one, which even a Comcast cable converter box might miss.
The HDMI output on the box can deliver up to 1080p in screen resolution. Analog users can still get a clear image when they use the RGB composite cables.
Versatile Uses, Big Savings!
Have a second or a third TV box but don't want to pay for extra receiver boxes? You won't need the cables and the extra fees just to enjoy watching TV. What's more, you won't have to call and wait in queue for troubleshooting the boxes when there's no signal or when you're getting a blurry picture. Hooking up is as easy as setting the internal antenna to the rooftop to start getting cable and local channels.
The iView Digital Converter Box is much more affordable than an HDMI modulator with a setup that's easy and takes only a couple of minutes. The various outputs can turn your extra PC monitor into a digital media player or a TV. If your computer has an HDMI port you can plug the iView 3500STBII in and watch popular channels such as Fox News, CNN live. This beats paying for streaming content anytime!
How It Works
The iView 3500STBII is pound for pound better than any current cable converter box out there. The tuner box works by acquiring digital channels coming from ATSC, Over-the-Air or ClearQAM, or unencrypted digital cable transmission. The HD content that comes out allows users to receive digital cable without ever needing a set-top box.
Cable companies are adamant about the fact that you will need a set-top receiver in order to pick up digital channels, which is false. The truth is, you can access all digital cable channels that are running through QAM frequencies with a converter like the iView 3500STBII, with the exception of NTSC frequencies.
From Analog to Digital
The iView Digital Converter box automatically converts the signal to be compatible with your analog unit. Analog TV owners won't need to get themselves a new TV if they don't want to. The tuner box comes in with input holes for both analog and newer-type TVs.
The iView 3500STBII has a built-in QAM tuner and supports Over-the-Air (OTA), which allows the user to receive some unencrypted digital cable channels, also known as "in-the-clear" channels. You can finally watch TV without needing additional set-top boxes or a monthly cable subscription.
Our iView 3500STBII has passthrough capabilities via firmware to access analog channels in countries and areas where analog signals are still present. You can rely on the iView 3500STBII to acquire the transmission and play it directly to your television set. Analog channels will still be accessible due to our converter boxes' pass-through capability. Broadcasting is still alive and well, even in your old TV.
The iView Digital Box works great in OTA. Once plugged in, the 3500STBII gives you a wider range of channels you can view, with noticeably higher picture clarity. Just take the converter out of the box, connect to your antenna line, and you're ready to go.
Connect your TV via the RCA, YPbPr or HDMI port. The TV set is then programmed to receive the local ATSC signal. Do a quick search to immediately display the channels that are available.
By default, the device is set to scan for ATSC channels over the air, using a standard antenna. But did you know that our converter boxes are also able to pick up Clear QAM channels as well? This can be done by going into going into the settings of your IView converter box and simply changing a setting. Once you’ve done that, you’ll be ready to watch cable TV in no time!
QAM tuners come built in on some TVs in order to receive cable channels, but analog TVs typically don't have them. The iView 3500STBII comes with QAM, or Quadrature Amplitude Modulation, capability, a format that most cable TV companies use to transmit and encode their signals.
QAM works similarly with ATSC tuners in that they transmit and encode Over-the-Air signals, but that's where the similarity ends. Local TV stations use only ATSC while cable providers use QAM. The iView 3500STBII is compatible with both ATSC and QAM signals. Getting both means you'll have access to cable channels as well, even those that are in HD, and perhaps a few extra channels.
Bottom line is that you get unscrambled digital programming and bonus channels (depending on your location). HD and SD channels become unlocked the moment you plug and successfully setup the iView 3500STBII in. Picture quality will entirely depend on the converter unit's ability to acquire signal, and this is where iView's offering shines.
You can get free high definition channels with the iView 3500STBII unit. You now can choose to view TV content in your preferred format- whether it be 576p, 720p, 1080i or 1080p. Simply connect an HDMI cable from the 3500STBII to your TV and voila! Crystal-clear viewing at its finest. The maximum definition that the iView converter box puts out is 1080p, which should be more than adequate for watching movies and your favorite TV series.
Electronic Program Guide
The EPG is a programme listing that's similar to paper TV guides. Access this to see a screen list of channels and shows to choose from.
Digital TV technology lets local guides transmit their channel and program information for your convenience. You'll need a set-top converter unit or a digital TV to see this feature. Program System Information Protocol, or PSIP, stands as the regular format for stations with a PSIP generator. The data coming from the PSIP is sent to the DTV, or digital TV signal which displays programming and station information, which users can see via the Electronic Programming Guide.
With the iView Digital Converter device, you can access the EPG and see the upcoming shows in grid form, just like in cable DVR. You can use this feature to choose which shows to record.
Auto Tuning scans for all available channels and finds available digital broadcasts for one-click programming. You won't have to do extra channel up or channel down presses just to see the next channel.
Favorite Channel List
Once you've done a scan of all the available channels, you can record your favorite channels into the Favorites menu. This way you can jump in-between two great shows without having to go through the shows in the middle. A customized list of channels make for better entertainment.
Access this function to limit what your children can watch with a few button presses. You can disable specific channels or TV stations and set a child-safe programming via a password.
With iView, you get the best quality product at the most affordable price. The iView Digital Converter Box is an all-in-one device that acquires both ClearQAM signals and OTA signals to give you the best of both worlds. The wide array of channels you can get will be more than any single converter box of a single type. What's more, you can use the iView 3500STBII as a DVR for recording and playing back your favorite shows anytime.
Need a quality multimedia device that can do a bit of everything? The iView Digital Converter Box is what you're looking for. Order your 3500STBII today!
Universal Media Player
The iView 3500STBII can act as a universal media player to churn out any video in AVI, MKV, MPG or MKV formats and any audio files in WMA, MP3, or AAC formats. You will no longer need a video player or get tangled up in the wiring when setting up a digital converter box and a DVD player at the same time.
The 3500STBII sports the following video decoding capabilities- MPEG-2 MP in NS, MPEG-4 ASP, SP, In DivX 3.11, 4.x, 6.x, VC-1, FLV and H.264 HP format.
To use both the media player and DVR functions, it is required to connect a USB Flash Drive or External Hard Drive to the box. The drive needs to be no bigger than 2TB in size and formatted to Fat32 or NTFS.
If the storage device has any media already saved on it, those media files can be played on the Iview Box. Selecting “Pictures” will display a slide show of any pictures in JPG, BMP, or PNG format. Selecting “Music” will turn the device into a music player. This music player can play any music files in WMA, MP3, or AAC format. The final option, “Video” will allow playback of any videos in AVI, MKV, MPG, and MKV formats. During video playback, you can press the green SCHD button, on the remote, to cycle between preview and full-screen modes.
DVR Capabilities Without The Extra Cost
QAM isn't just for acquiring cable signals. The technology can also be used to record digital content while you're away from the TV. You can play music, movies, and videos in a wide variety of formats using a USB drive connected to your converter box. Choose the preferred show, then hit the Record button and the iView 3500STBII will start recording the show, just like a DVR equipment. You can do a weekly or a monthly recording without any limits or extra fees. Recording works really well here- you won't be able to tell the difference between live and recorded content.
Connect your External HD For DVR recording. Plug your external disk drive in to record movies and shows straight to your device. You can also use the HDD to play content such as movies, music, and videos without any noticeable lag or loss of quality.
The DVR function can be done two ways: A recording can start and stop using the red REC and STOP buttons on the remote, respectively, allowing for impromptu recordings at any time. The device can also schedule recordings by pressing the green SCHD button on the remote. From there, the channel, start time, and end time can be set and the box will automatically record and end at the scheduled times. This can also be set to record daily (every day, including weekends), weekly (once a week), or just once. However, the box’s recording functions are limited to one at a time and can only have no more than 30 scheduled recording jobs saved onto the box’s memory.
Record Live Programming In One Button Click
The One Button allows users to access Favorite CH, Aspect Ratio, CC, Mute, Info, Record and get to the EPG. You can also use the remote to check Signal Quality via the Signal Strength Indicator.
Full Function Learning Remote Control
The iView Digital Box comes with a remote control device that gives you basic functions such as setting a Favorites list, accessing Parental Controls, switching channels, powering the 3500STBII on, off, etc. It also gives you options to display subtitle, show the signal quality, the electronic program guide, closed captioning and much more.
Iview-3500STBII remote enables copying your other device's remote data, so that all you need is just one remote to control two devices (this capability is for the blue TV section of your remote and each button must be programmed manually).
To set-up buttons, simply:
- Press "SETUP" for 3 sec till red light turns on.
- Press "POWER" in TV area within 10 sec till red light flashes.
- Press"POWER" of your TV remote for 3 secs and point LED sensor directly to 3500STBII remote within 3cm distance till red light flashes 3 times and stays red.
- Repeat step 2 and 3 to copy the other button functions and press "SETUP" to quit.
Option 1 and Option 2 Buttons
These buttons may be used as a quick-access feature for the most common functions. This eliminates the need to always have 2 remotes on hand while watching TV. For example, you can use Option 1 for channel down and Option 2 for channel up without needing to input special codes. Copy up to 6 button presses with these convenient buttons.
iView-3500STB Form and Function
Don't let the diminutive size fool you- our cable converter box is heavy with features and packs in endless hours of viewing entertainment once you turn it on!
Take a look at the form and various functionalities the compact converter box offers:
- Power Button - Turn the iView 3500STBII on or off in an instant whenever you need it.
- Channel Up and Channel Down - Changes programming depending on which channels are assigned to which numbers.
- LED display - Shows current programming details, i.e., the channel you're currently on, menu open notifications, channel scans and more.
- Power Light - Red indicates that the iView 3500STBII is set at Standby Mode.
- Lock Light - Green indicates that the converter box is working and is turned on.
- USB Port - The USB port may be connected to an external hard drive for added storage space during DVR recording.
- ANT In/Out - Lets you attach an antenna in order for the digital channels to be converted in the proper analog format.
- HDMI - HDMI cables deliver high definition throughput resolution to a compatible display.
- Coaxial Out - You can connect a coaxial cable from the iView converter box to the TV.
- Component Outputs - Component cables can run between the TV and the 3500S for audio and video function.
- Composite Outputs - The same with component outputs, composite cables can be connected from the converter box to the TV.
iView Limited Warranty
iView warrants that the product accompanied by this limited warranty is free from manufacturing defects in material or workmanship for a period of one year from the date of original purchase. This warranty only applies to the original purchaser of the product, and only to products purchased and used in the United States of America. The limited warranty period also applies to any implied warranties that may exist under applicable law. If any person or entity other than iView repairs or replaces parts on the Products without the prior written consent of iView, this limited warranty shall be void with respect to the part or component of the Products so repaired or replaced, and with respect to any other part or component related thereto.
This warranty DOES NOT cover:
- Cosmetic damage
- Shipping or improper installation or maintenance
- Any cause other than ordinary commercial or industrial application
- Adjustment by non-authorized source or any of the products firmware or hardware that you or any third part have modified or altered
- Improper environment
- Excessive or inadequate heating or air conditioning or electrical power failures, surges, connection to improper voltage supply or settings or other irregularities
- Accidents, acts of God
Parts and Labor
Within the limited warranty period applied to the Product, iView will repair defects in the Product at no charge. Within the limited warranty period applied to the Product, iView will repair or replace the defective parts of the Product. After the limited warranty period applied to the Product, the customer can choose to have the Product repaired on a fee basis.
With respect to all service provided, it is Customer's responsibility to backup the contents of your Product (if applicable), including any data you have stored or software you have installed on the Product. It is likely that the contents of your Product will be lost or reformatted in the course of service and iView will not be responsible for any damage to or loss of any programs, data or other information stored on any media or any part of any Product serviced. If during the repair of the product, the contents of the Product are altered, deleted, or in any way modified, iView is not responsible. The Product will be returned as originally configured when purchased.
iView will only cover the cost of return shipping and handling (within the Continental United States) within 90 days of the original date of purchase. The customer is responsible for shipping the Product to iView. We strongly suggest you insure the package; iView is not responsible for damaged or lost Product during shipping if customer did not insure or pack the Product properly.
Be sure to remove all third party features, parts, options, alterations, and attachments not warranted by iView prior to sending the Product to iView for service. iView is not liable for any loss or damage to these items.
How to Claim the Warranty
If you believe the product is defective please return it to iView in the manner described below within the limited warranty period. If iView determines a defect is covered by this limited warranty, iView will, at its option, repair or replace the product or components of the product. This limited warranty extends to repaired and replacement products and components only through the end of the original limited warranty period.
To make a claim under this limited warranty you must first contact iView. Please call 1-909-627-9888 Monday - Friday, 9am- 5pm PST or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must provide proof of purchase in order to obtain service under this limited warranty.
- iView uses UPS/FedEx/USPS as its delivery service. All orders are packaged by iView, using peanuts and paper for protection.
- Your order will be shipped when your credit card charge has been approved. You will receive a confirmation email with your tracking number.
- Order(s) may take 1-3 days to process.
- If required information is missing from the order (i.e.entering P.O. Box #) or an item has to be backordered, we will inform you, which may delay your order.
- All orders are shipped via UPS/Fedex/USPS and are bound by their schedule. We require a physical location; UPS/Fedex/USPS do not ship to P.O. Box.
- Delivery time varies depending on which shipping method is used.
- Orders placed over the weekend will be processed the next business day.
- Shipping and tax differ. Your actual shipping cost will be calculated on the checkout page.
- iView products come with one year manufacturer warranty. At reseller’s discretion, iView can take over end user warranty services 3 months from the date of invoice.
- Warranty is applicable only in USA.
- iView warrants free labor at its option under the warranty period to replace product if it is determined to be defective at “no charge”. End user is responsible to ship back defective products and pay for shipping charges both way, by including a $25.00 money order for return shipping cost. This limited warranty does not cover any loss or damages that occurred as a result of:
- Cosmetic damage
- Shipping or improper installation or maintenance
- Any cause other than ordinary commercial or industrial application
- Adjustment by non-authorized source or any of the products firmware or hardware that you or any third party have modified or altered
- Improper environment
- Excess or inadequate heating or air conditioning or electrical power failures, surges, connection to improper voltage supply or settings or other irregularities
- All warranty related returns must have RMA (Return Material Authorization) numbers issued from iView. iView reserves the right to refuse any package without RMA number written outside of the shipping box.
- If returning products/samples for credit, any missing accessories will be deducted as determined in the “Parts/Accessories schedule”
- By default iView will return RMA or under warranty repaired units the way they (RMA) came into iView (with/without book, accessories, etc.)
- If reseller wants complete accessories when iView returns warranty/repair units, reseller must specify at the time of RMA issuing. Subject to the availability of such parts, reseller agrees to pay for any parts/accessories that iView includes to the warranty/repaired units.